Social media is becoming one of the most important aspects of digital marketing, which provides incredible benefits that reach millions of customers all over the world. It helps you to get in touch with our customers, increase brand awareness, and increase sales leads. Social networking sites are open to the public, which provides companies with the ability to monitor the activities of their consumers and potential buyers. It is up to the marketer to be aware of their target audience, likes, dislikes, and interests so that they can create better marketing strategies in order to attract customers.
THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media is growing rapidly and is a popular way to spread awareness about anything and everything. Social media provides businesses with the opportunity not only to interact with the customers but also to influence them by means of the relevant content that helps them make a decision. The influence of social networks, do not stay on the Internet but is on each and every individual using it.
Maybe I don’t need to say that social media is a great tool for digital marketing and is a great way to build relationships not only with customers but also with viewers. it doesn’t matter if it is a large company, a small business, or an individual all of them can use social media platforms in order to promote goods and services to their audience and also attract newer customers.
Social media is really changing the shape of the world. And now is the time for marketers and business owners to adopt social media marketing, if not already.
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING PLATFORMS IN 2021
There are so many social media platforms available today. With such many choices, deciding which to use becomes a little difficult. Here, we have provided a list of the most used platforms in 2021 that can definitely help you to grow your business in lesser time.
These platforms top the lists of social media platforms for the purpose of marketing.
Let us look at each individually and the factors associated with them
- With nearly 2.85 billion monthly active users and approximately 1.9 billion daily active users for the first quarter of 2021, Facebook is the largest social network in the world. In the third quarter of 2012, the number of active users, Facebook has exceeded the billion mark, making it the first of the social network to do so.
- Audience – Millennials, Gen X, Boomers
- It is generally well-used for brand awareness and advertising
- Instagram reached 1 billion monthly active users in June 2018, up from 800 million in September 2017. One of the most popular social platforms in the world, owned by Facebook.
- Audience – Millennials, Gen X
- It is generally used for advertising, entertainment, brand and sales growth, and public relations
- In the last reported quarter of 2021, the number of global monetizable daily active users amounted to be 199 million.
- Audience – Millennials
- It is suitable for customer services and Public Relations.
- As of the 2020 – fourth quarter, Pinterest had 459 million monthly active users worldwide.
- Audience – Gen X, Boomers
- It is generally used to inspire audiences and advertising.
- With 500+ hours of content uploaded every minute, YouTube has over 2 billion monthly logged-in users.
- Audience – Millennials, Gen X, Gen Z, Boomers
- It is suitable for video promotions, ‘how-to’ videos, Brand awareness, Individual branding.
- In 2020 LinkedIn has recorded more than 740 million active users and became one of the largest platforms for job seekers, employers, and recruiters from around the world.
- Audience – Boomers, Gen X and Millenials
- It is suitable for employment marketing, B2B relationships, and business development.
Each of the listed social media platforms can be used one at a time or all at once. It all depends on the purpose you are using them for. According to your needs and target audience, you can use each of them with a proper social media marketing strategy.
As with all social media platforms, what is trending on this day, might be in the future. A company needs to determine exactly what they are going to spend a lot of time and resources in, to increase brand awareness and maintain a positive reputation, both online and offline. This is a conservative, and well-thought-out strategy that will help to prepare, no matter what type of company it is.