Digital marketing is without any doubt one of the leading areas to offer a successful and wide variety of careers.
But when it comes to learning digital marketing, a student is always baffled as to which course to choose from the oceans of courses offered online.
Here, you will understand the key points to look for while choosing the right online digital marketing course.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONLINE DIGITAL MARKETING COURSE?
When you are looking for courses analyze and compare them on the basis of these points and then decide which course do you want to opt for:
Here, you need to see the content of the course. Content includes the following aspects –
- Modules – See how many modules they are offering and what are topics are covered. Look at different websites and compare their topics. You can also do a little research to have an idea about the topics that are usually taught in digital marketing courses.
- Assignments – assignments are a very crucial practice tool. Students, in general, don’t like assignments but in order to achieve in-depth knowledge and gain skills, practice is important and hence assignments are important. The course that you choose should have weekly assignments or assignments after every module.
- Projects – Projects are necessary to gain industry-ready skills and experience. It is a practical approach towards learning and implementing what you have learned all this time. So the institute should conduct projects under their guidance.
Many institutes design their content in such a way that pupils can be prepared for other certifications including theirs. Like Facebook certification, Google certifications, Hubspot certifications, etc. These certifications have recognition in the respective industry and are useful in the long run. Hence, before opting one should keep this factor in consideration.
Course type means whether the course is live or self-paced. The live course contains live classes from mentors and self-paced courses have recorded classes with a time deadline to complete at your own pace within that time period.
You can contemplate which type, of course, will be more suitable for you according to your schedule and comfort and then opt for it.
Mentors are the supreme factor that will guide you towards the path of success. Hence, it is necessary to be very particular to see that the teacher should be an expert in the field. If the teacher is an expert and has worked closely with the industry she/he will be able to give you insights and train you according to the same.
DURATION AND PRICE OF THE COURSE
Every institute displays course duration on its website. It can of three types –
- Certificate course – Certificate course usually lasts for 3-4 months.
- Diploma course – Diploma course lasts for 6 months and can extend up to a year.
- UG course – UG courses in digital marketing with any other stream can last up to years.
- PG course – PG courses in digital marketing with any other specialization can have a duration of 2 years.
Prices will be based on the duration and level of the course. It also varies from institute to institute and additional features if they are providing.
You need to keep in mind your budget and choose the most affordable one.
Many institutes claim and they do provide placement guidance. Placement guidance means they will guide you in order to get placed in a business firm. Institutes have tie-ups or are on good terms with companies and they can convey job opportunities from those companies. Moreover, some online institutes provide lifetime placement guidance and some don’t. You need to make a decision which to choose. Although having opportunities coming your way for life could be a great thing.
Read as many reviews, for your shortlisted institutes, as you can. It’s never enough!
Every institute will have both positive as well as negative reviews you need to compare which one has the least negative reviews with respect to the students enrolled.
FREE DEMONSTRATION CLASSES
The last but the most effective step is to take free demo classes. Every online course has some free demo classes for students to analyze and contemplate whether they want to enroll or not.
You can shortlist 2-3 institutes and take demo class that is free of cost and see if you can understand well from the mentors and if you like the pattern and all aspects. Compare them and make a final decision.
Takeaways from this article are the following points to research before enrolling in an online digital marketing course:
- Course format
- Course type
- Duration and price of course
- Placement guidance
- Free demo-classes.